This is the second Painted Roses Blanket that I’ve made, the first being done for my Mum in Sandra’s colours as a birthday present. I also made her a matching cushion for Mother’s Day.
Mum keeps her blanket on her ottoman, so when we redecorated our living room and I bought an ottoman of my own in a vain attempt to store my yarn stash (I’d probably need at least 3 for that!) that I got the idea to make a blanket to cover mine. I chose to recreate the Painted Roses one as our new curtains are covered in large flowers.
I took the colour scheme of the curtains and used Stylecraft Special DK. The squares are made in Sage, Cream, Parchment, Graphite, and Duck Egg. I used Silver to join and for the first round of the border. The layout is different to Sandra’s 4 x 5 as my ottoman’s size required 3 x 6. That said, the leaf border more or less worked as written – I only needed a couple of tweaks to make them fit.
My blanket is still covering my ottoman, though it could probably do with a quick wash and press. For the moment I’m just sitting back and admiring my work!